Welcome to volume 2 of our weekly newsletter! It’s chilly out there today, but it’s a gorgeous day for a ride! Be sure to stop by the shop and pick out a jacket to keep you warm on these chilly mornings. The weather has been perfect for afternoon riding; not too hot, not too cold. I went to the State Forest on Friday afternoon and ran Young’s Nature and Rocky Ridge Trails. There are a lot of loose sticks on the trails to watch out for, but there aren’t too many leaves to worry about yet. Stop by the shop before the trails get covered in leaves to pick out some deeper treaded tires for the season. Also, be aware that there are small trees down on Black Bear Trail and Young’s Nature Trail. There is a very large tree down at the top of Rocky Ridge Trail.
Ever gone for a ride under a full moon? We’re having a full moon ride this coming Friday (Sept. 28) at 8 PM. Meet at the River Trail in Caldwell to join us for a moonlit ride.
- We received a $10,000 grant to build some new trails in the Greenbrier State Forest. We will be organizing some trail work days and looking for volunteers to begin work on the trails soon. Further information will be posted on our website (www.hillandhollerbikes.com) and on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/
HillandHoller). We will also include updates in our weekly newsletters which will be sent out on Sundays.
- Do you have a bike collecting dust in your garage or basement that is in good condition, but that you just aren’t going to ride again? Bring it by the shop and sell it on consignment.
- Attention iPhone users: Download the Strava app (http://www.strava.com/mobile) to track your rides and compete against friends. We will organize some competitions using this app, more info to come.
Mountain Bike Ride
- Every Tuesday at 5:30 from now until the end of October
- Meet at the Greenbrier Sate Forest in the parking lot across from the pool
- Contact the Shop ahead of time if you need a demo bike or a shuttle ride
Full Moon Ride
- September 28 @ 8 PM
- Meet at the start of the Greenbrier River Trail in Caldwell for a ride under the Full Moon
- Contact the Shop ahead of time if you need a rental bike or a shuttle ride
Freshwater Folk 5k
- October 6
- Sponsored by Generation Greenbrier Valley
- Race held at the White Sulphur Springs Fish Hatchery
Beckley Half Marathon
Bike Tool Essentials
- Check out our display in the shop and get yourself the best tools for DIY fixes
New Bike In Recently
- Kona Satori: Demo Bike http://www.konaworld.com/bike.
Bikes on Sale
- Cannondale CAADX 5 105 : $1190
- Cannondale CAADX 6 : $1099
- Carbon Synapse 3 Ultegra $3550 demo price: $2499
- Sizes: Women’s
- Men’s 56
- 70 soma roadbike
- Terry townie bike
- Cove mountain bike
- 1970 Motobacane
- River trail cruiser
Apparel on Sale
- HH long sleeve shirts $15 while supplies last
- Jackets and Hoodies 25% off
- Also check out the new Chainring Tshirt colors we got in recently